Northampton, Victoria Promenade – Senior Dental Nurse
Job Title: Senior Dental Nurse
Practice: Victoria Promenade Dental
Location: Northampton, Victoria Promenade
Job Title: Senior Dental Nurse
Location: Victoria Promenade Dental Practice
Period of Contract: Full Time
Accountable To: Practice Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
About the company
Rodericks Ltd is a dental corporate with over 69 high quality, modern dental practices in England providing excellent NHS and private dental care to thousands of patients every week. In December 2013, we were included in the inaugural publication of the London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, a list of the 1000 most inspiring SME’s in the UK.
In December 2014 Rodericks Ltd were recognised in the top 25 fastest growing independent companies in the UK healthcare sector.
Purpose of the Post
A Qualified Dental Nurse/Receptionist is required to work as part of a dental team to assist in the delivery of dental care to patients. Most particularly by providing support and assistance to the dentist, hygienist and therapist, in clinical and non – clinical aspects of all patient care in line with practice procedures and protocols.
The post holder will be directly accountable to the Practice Manager and Area Manager for the overall performance of the role and fully supported by our Senior Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Registered Nurse looking to progress to a more senior level position. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to further enhance their skills and career an work alongside our team of Specialist Dentists.
As the Senior Dental Nurse you will be extremely organised, have excellent communication skills be self-driven and able to work at a fast pace. You will work as part of a team to ensure the Practice is CQC compliant.
Working alongside our in-house team of Qualified Nurse Trainers you will fully support, develop and mentor our Trainee Dental Nurses within the practice and from time to time travel to our other nearby practices to offer the same level of support.
• Stock control and ordering.
• To assist the dentist/hygienist/therapist in all clinical procedures, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
• Keep clinical areas, all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate
• Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendation and ensure they are maintained regularly and in good working order. Report any faults or poorly functioning equipment so that action may be taken to remedy any defects.
• Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety policies. Be familiar and comply with all health and safety rules and guidance, including COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal, Personal Protective Equipment etc.
• Develop and file radiographs
• Complete laboratory request forms, keep a record of work sent, received and fitted.
• Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items in surgery, when new supplies are required order when necessary
• Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records.
• Answer the telephone in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
• Welcome patients and visitors to the practice and direct them to the appropriate area
• Record arrivals on the computer appointment diary or visitors log
• Make all the necessary patient checks in accordance with practice policy
• Review adherence to appointment times, liaise with the provider and inform the patient of delays
• Schedule appointments in person, through email or by telephone, liaising with the provider where necessary in accordance with practice policy
• Follow the workflow and follow up/cancellation system on the dental computer software
• Complete patient recalls and appointment reminder calls
• Ensure the patient or patients representative has signed the appropriate treatment estimate and/or NHS form
• Encourage prompt payments, calculate and collect patient charges in advance, recording receipt while adhering to the practices per payment policy
• To accurately file patient record cards in main filing cabinets
• Print day lists and take appropriate cards from main filing cabinets
• Sell sundry healthcare products to patients giving advice where necessary in accordance with practice policy and with recommendations from clinical staff
• Comply with Health and Safety policy
• Handle complaints in accordance with the Practice Complaints Procedure
• Ensure the accounts balance at the end of each working day
• Liaise with surgery to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
• Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
• Keep accurate clinical records and to ensure the recording methods are used in line with agreed practice policy and securely stored.
• Observe patient confidentiality at all times. This includes preventing medical histories, treatment proposals, conversations, transactions, reactions to treatment being overheard.
• Attend and participate in practice meetings
• Undergo training and comply with all safeguarding regulations
• Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
• Attend CPD Courses and update training for medical emergencies.
• Undergo training as may be required to develop your skills and abilities e.g. CPR, IG toolkit.
• Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
• Work at other practice locations as and when required
• Following Training take on role of fire warden in Managers absence when needed
• Assist the manager and training team to train new employee when required
Undertake any reasonable duties allocated by the Practice Manager. The job holder will also be involved in working with the team to implement key processes and procedures which will enable improvements to the recruitment practices.
Comply with general managerial responsibility for ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented and applied effectively.
Our Vision, Mission and Values
To be the best dental corporate
|Through Patient Engagement||
|Through Dentist Engagement||
|Through Listening and continuous Improvement||
We care about our patients
We care about out dentists
We care about our staff
This job description is intended to serve as a guide to the responsibilities of the post of Senior Dental Nurse. It is expected that responsibilities will need to be reviewed, as the organisation matures and in light of experience, in order to ensure compatibility with other roles and responsibilities, and to reflect changing circumstances.
Any proposed changes will be discussed with the post holder
If you would like to apply for this position, please email a copy of your cv and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this vacancy will be 04/12/2016 we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date should a sufficient number of applications be received.