Reference No HR-135-17
Location Oundle House Dental Practice
Period of Contract Permanent
Accountable To Area & Regional Managers
Hours of Work Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Annual Salary Competitive
About the Company
Rodericks Ltd is a dental corporate with over 70 high quality modern dental practices in England & Wales providing excellent NHS and private dental care to thousands of patients every week. In December 2013 we were included in the inaugural publication of the London Stock Exchange Group’s 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, a list of the 1000 most inspiring SME’s in the UK.
In December 2014 Rodericks Ltd were recognised in the top 25 fastest growing independent companies in the UK healthcare sector.
Purpose of the Post
Practice Managers are required to work as part of the practice team to assist in the overall delivery of dental care to patients, and to ensure the efficient day to day management of the practice
The post holder will be directly accountable to the Area Manager and Regional Manager for the overall performance of the role.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take line management responsibility for dental receptionists, dental nurses and in house cleaning staff, including responsibility for motivation, objective setting and appraisal
- Maintain and enforce work rotas, including arranging for and undertaking the recruitment and selection of permanent and temporary staff
- Arrange staff induction and provide training support of new staff
- Be the first point of contact for staff in relation to grievance and disciplinary procedures.
- Keep and monitor staff records particularly with regard to sickness absence and annual leave
- Liaise with the Human Resources and Payroll Department with regard to staffing matters.
- Keep the practices contracts of employment up to date.
- Coordinate arrangements for regular staff performance reviews and annual appraisals
- Organise, participate in, and minute practice meetings
- Take responsibility for and supervise all banking procedures, including deposits, payments and checking bank statements
- Arrange the payment of nurses and receptionists
- Ensure the operation of the patient payment policy and the collection of outstanding debts
- Compile and submit accurate and complete monthly returns of banking, clinicians’ income and lab bills.
- Managing KPI’s and practice targets & budgets
- Ensure the operation of the patient recall system
- Ensure the operation of the practice complaints procedure
- Deal with patient queries which cannot be dealt with by other team members
- Keep the practice information leaflet and other patient communications up to date
- Monitor and maintain patient diaries
- Monitor and report on private income
- Maintain rotas to accommodate annual leave and ensure continuity of performance
- Keep all practice documentation up to date including policies, procedures and handbooks
- Ensure the maintenance of the practice computer system including printers and scanners
- Deal with practice mail in conjunction with the practice principle
Equipment Health and Safety
- Ensure practice compliance with all Health and Safety requirements
- Liaise with sales and suppliers representatives as necessary
- Ensure that there is an efficient stock control and supply procedure
- Ensure that practice equipment is serviced and maintained
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies. Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including COSHH, mercury handling, infection control waste disposal etc.
Undertake any reasonable duties allocated by the Area & Regional Managers. The job holder will also be involved in working with the team to implement key processes and procedures which will enable improvements to the recruitment practices. Other duties may involve:
- Work at other practice locations as and when required.
- Attend refresher and updates training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of a dental nurse or receptionist in exceptional circumstances)
- Undergo training as may be required to develop your skills and abilities
Comply with general managerial responsibility for ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented and applied effectively to comply with CQC regulations as you will be registered as CQC registered Practice Manager. Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment with Rodericks Dental Ltd will be subject to a satisfactory disclosure report from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job description is intended to serve as a guide to the responsibilities of the post of Practice Manager. It is expected that responsibilities will need to be reviewed, as the organisation matures and in light of experience, in order to ensure compatibility with other roles and responsibilities, and to reflect changing circumstances.
Any proposed changes will be discussed with the post holder
o hear from you today!