Location Yeovil, Somerset
Period of Contract Full Time
Annual Salary or range: £38,500 per annum
About the company
Rodericks Dental Ltd is a dental corporate with over 70 dental practices in England. We provide excellent NHS and private dental care to thousands of patients every week.
Rodericks Dental Ltd are proud to operate high quality, modern NHS dental practices all over the country. We have very exciting plans to grow our estate further so more patients can receive excellent oral care from our excellent practice teams.
Dental Surgeons are required to work as part of the practice team to assist in the overall delivery of dental care to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and treatments in accordance with the nGDS Regulations 2006 and the GDC guidance ‘maintaining standards’, in an ethical manner.
- To discuss all treatment options (NHS and Private) of clinical care with patients and to obtain consent in order to maintain and secure their oral health
- Treat patients according to the practice appointment scheduling system
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations and ensure they are maintained regularly and in good working order. Report any faulty or poorly functioning equipment so that action may be taken to remedy any defects.
- Notify the practice manager in good time if you are experiencing or anticipate experiencing any problems
- Act in a professional manner in the practice, and be punctual
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies. Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance, including COSHH, mercury handling, infection control, waste disposal etc.
- To participate actively in continuing professional development as required by the GDC to develop your skills and abilities, including annual updates in medical emergencies and CPR.
- To supervise and delegate appropriate tasks to other members of the dental team according to current GDC regulations as applicable
- To keep clear, concise, and accurate contemporaneous patient records
- To work within the practice as a member of a team
- To liaise with colleagues in the practice, specialist referral practices and referring hospital to ensure and improve the quality of patient care.
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- To take part in all aspects of the clinical governance programme
- To observe the policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines of the practice
- To take part in on-call duties as required
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree, will be GDC registered, have an active performer number and ideally have experience of providing NHS dental treatment in the UK and potentially experience within the private sector.
This job description is intended to serve as a guide to the responsibilities of the post of Dental Associate. It is expected that responsibilities will need to be reviewed, as the organisation matures and in light of experience, in order to ensure compatibility with other roles and responsibilities, and to reflect changing circumstances.
Any proposed changes will be discussed with the post holder
The closing date for this vacancy will be 4th March 2018, we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the closing date should a sufficient number of applications be received.
To apply for this position please email your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org